My 60's Staten Island

A look at Staten Island in the 1960's from someone that lived it, and Loved it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States

I left S.I. in 1971 when I joined the Navy. I have been Married twice. My second Marriage has now lasted 29 Years, and I am Married to a Wonderful S.I. Girl. I have 3 Children. My Daughter is 34, My Sons are 26, and 23. I have 2 Handsome Grandsons.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Introduction to My Blog

Hello; I am 52 Years old. I am a proud Staten Islander. Over the past few Years; I have been doing alot of reminiscing with the Friends I grew up with on Staten Island. Reminiscing seems to have become a joy in My life, and now that I am getting older; I would like to pass on My Island experiences. Each Memory will be in the style of a Story, and l will to keep them in some type of Hstorical order. Now I am sure that not all of My memories will interest People, but I hope that some of them do, and that they do not bore too many of You. I am in agreement with many People that the Island We once loved has changed. Everytime I visit; I feel like crying. The changes I see are not for the better. The Island of My Youth is gone, and I want to leave a little something of My Island behind, and hopefully someone will appreciate it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Weary Hag said...

Well I really really hope you receive this comment because it looks as though you may have given up on your blog (it's been a while since your last post).
I am a native Staten Islander, born in '55 and I too spend most of my waking hours reminiscing about the wonderful days of my youth "back home." I have relocated, but only 20 years ago.

I am familiar with Overlook Avenue and my family moved from West Brighton to Dongan Hills in the early '70s. We lived just off Hylan Blvd. near Old Towne Road.

I would LOVE to read more of what you have to say about our beloved island ... and I hope you don't let the spammers (prior comments) run you out of town here.

I've enjoyed all that you've written thus far. (I read all your posts and wish there was much more)!

Thanks for making my entire morning with your 60s Staten Island blog!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Please feel free to contact me via email if you wish:
fisch514@aol.com My name is Carol ... aka Weary Hag.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home